What is it?
- Adobe's Marketo Engage is a Marketing Automation Platform that helps marketers create and manage personalized marketing programs and campaigns to prospects and customers.
- Marketo Engage is a powerhouse by itself, but it can be supercharged using a number of API integration points... and that’s where we come in! We help create and manage those integrations with other applications such as HubSpot, NetSuite, SalesLoft, and so forth.
Where do I begin?
1. Marketo Engage Vertify Setup Guide
As a first step, the Marketo Vertify Setup Guide PDF (attached below) will guide you through how to create or find the credentials needed to connect Vertify with your Marketo Engage instance.
2. MarketoREST System Creation/Updates in Vertify
In Vertify, those credentials will need to be entered when creating a system for the first time. See below for what and where to enter:
- Remote System: select the MarketoREST connector (please note: SOAP is no longer used)
- System Name: naming convention is to indicate if production versus sandbox, if applicable.
- Example: MarketoREST Production
- Connector: select the most recent version (this will be the highest number and will be at the bottom of the list)
- System Type: always select BiDirectional
- Max Concurrent Tasks: can leave blank, will auto-default
- Include Activities: list activity types interested in integrating; this is a required field but can be updated and changed in the future (see the attached Excel document for detailed information about each activity type)
- Example: 1,2,3,22
- Please note: for Marketo <<>> NetSuite integrations, you must have activity type 22 included to use the Marketo Sales Insights portlets in the NetSuite bundle
- Rest Client Id: generated during initial Marketo setup (see Setup Guide below)
- Rest Client Secret: generated during initial Marketo setup (see Setup Guide below)
- Rest End Point: generated during initial Marketo setup (see Setup Guide below)
- Please note: make sure the "/rest" part of the URL is removed before saving; otherwise the scan will fail
- Static List: need numeric digits from static list URL; generated during initial Marketo setup (see Setup Guide below)
- Filter Activity List: need numeric digits from static list URL; generated during initial Marketo setup (see Setup Guide below)
- Enable Form Attributes: enter a "Y"
- Username: generated during initial Marketo setup (see Setup Guide below)
Press Save, and Vertify will automatically begin the scan and authentication step - if successful, a green "Success" message will pop up. If it fails, orange text with an error message will pop up. Connect with your system administrator, Vertify data specialist, or Vertify Support for additional direction on next steps.
TOOL TIP: These are all required login parameters, and they must have a value contained in them prior to hitting Save. To get around a parameter you don't have a value for, simply type a space into the parameter field.
3. Marketo Engage Object FAQs
Vertify has the ability to read and/or write from Marketo Engage objects via the API. Please see list below for more details:
- LeadChangeRecord - READ ONLY (CAN WRITE CUSTOM ACTIVITIES)
- LeadRecord (Person) - READ AND WRITE
- Campaign - READ ONLY
- Company - WRITE ONLY
- Custom Objects - WRITE ONLY (DO NOT COLLECT DATA)
- Opportunity - WRITE ONLY (DO NOT COLLECT DATA)
- OpportunityPersonRole - WRITE ONLY (DO NOT COLLECT DATA)
- Program - READ AND WRITE
- RequestCampaignAction - WRITE ONLY (DO NOT COLLECT)
- RequestScheduleCampaignAction - WRITE ONLY (DO NOT COLLECT)
- SalesPerson - WRITE ONLY (DO NOT COLLECT)
- ChangeLeadProgramAction - WRITE ONLY (DO NOT COLLECT)
Best practice objects commonly used in Vertify integrations:
- Company (WRITE)
- LeadRecord (READ AND WRITE)
- LeadChangeRecord (READ ONLY)
- Opportunity (WRITE ONLY)
- OpportunityPersonRole (WRITE ONLY)
- SalesPerson (WRITE ONLY)